Leading underwriters also may offer money-saving on your motorcycle policy premium if you:
• Store your bike in a garage or shed
• Are a member of a specified motorcycle rider club or group
• Have completed a safe motorcycle riding course that has been sponsored by a
motor bike safety foundation
Although the average auto insurance policy does not include motorcycle coverage, it is relatively easy to secure a tailored plan – one that covers the important aspects related to motorcycle usage – through an experienced independent agency that has direct dealings with the major national companies.
Among the various forms of coverage opted for by motorcycle riders like you are the following:
– Bodily injury liability insurance
– Property damage insurance
– Physical damage for fire – theft – comprehensive – collision insurance
– Uninsured motorist coverage insurance
– Medical payments and passenger liability coverage insurance
– Custom parts and Equipment Insurance
Here’s a quick guide about a few of the insurance options you may want to include in your policy:
Custom Parts and Equipment:
Should you opt for this form of coverage, you can collect up to $3,000 without any deductibles. This coverage is available up to $10,000 in custom parts and equipment.
Speak to an independent agent to asses exactly what your true needs as a motorcycle rider is. Then, select from the offered indemnity offered by companies. You will be given a choice of plans with basic liability limits that meet the personal umbrella requisites, giving you the leeway for other coverage options as well. For the most part, guest passenger liability is inevitably included at the identical limit as your liability choice.
This insurance covers specific medical expenses that the driver and passenger may need following an accident.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage:
Generally speaking, this insurance covers expenses related to injury or even death as a result of an accident that is caused by an uninsured or underinsured (or hit and run car driver). This insurance will also cover the insured if struck not behind the wheel but as a pedestrian.